How would you like to serve your mission on Catalina Island? These guys were from Guatemala and Mexico City. They start church at 4:00 p.m. so everyone can go to work in the morning, then come to church later. They meet in the bank for services.
Jim and Carrie Heywood
The BEST of the Heywoods
Saturday, January 10, 2009
New Year's in Catalina Pictures
Carrie and I went to our favorite getaway spot for New Year's Day and the following weekend. We just don't seem to get bored of Catalina Island and the Zane Grey Pueblo. When this is your view from your room of the morning sunrise, can you blame us?
This time for pictures we decided to walk around town and take pictures of all the small details. Ok, there's some big details too, but we love taking pictures and sometimes you miss the focus (no pun intended) on the details because you're so busy taking in all the huge landscapes. We have a slideshow with about 200 photos that you can see also by going here:
































Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOVED the slide show — thanks for sharing. I’ve only been to Catalina once (when I was about 17) but now it feels like I’ve been again. No wonder it’s your favorite getaway!
What a great place to vacation! Now I want to go there. You look so refreshed in your pics. SUNNI
Great pics!!! I totally feel Carrie's pain in the last picture. It is always so hard to leave!!!
Next time you go to Catalina, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!! PLEASE!!!! Well you don't have to, but I'd like to.
I absolutely love your Catalina pictures. It is definitly on my list of vacation spots. I know my vacation pictures won't look nearly as awesome as yours! Maybe you guys could just come with us when we go and take the pictures. :)
Heather (Milligan) Udy
Post a Comment